It is Halloween, October 31. We’re not sure what happened to the last six months, but like it or not #winteriscoming. If you are reading this blog chances are you fall on the like it side. I know we do. Since the last six months flew by, we are getting a head start on the holidays. You know they will be here before you know it. So, to kick things off we’ve created a little “calendar of events” for the next two months.
- Saturday, October 31 – Halloween – You are on your own for this one. Save some candy for us.
- Friday, November 20 – Alta Ski Area Scheduled Opening Day
- Friday, November 20 – Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge Opening Day
- Thursday, November 26 – Thanksgiving Day – If you’d rather spend your turkey day spinning laps rather than mashing potatoes we have you covered. Call the Front Desk (801-742-2300) and join us for our annual Thanksgiving Day Buffet. Dinner is served from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Reservations are required. $50 for adults and $20 for children. Why we love it? Thanksgiving is our first holiday of the season; we tend to have a smaller, more intimate group. There is no extra charge for the Thanksgiving Buffet for Lodge guests.
- TBD – First early season blower storm. When it will be, nobody knows. Keep your eyes peeled. If you are unable to make it, we’ll share the details of every last flake.
- Thursday, December 24-Saturday, January 2 – Holiday Scavenger Hunt for Lodge Guests – Lodge guests will be given details upon check-in. Completed and accurate entries will be awarded a holiday treat. All completed entries will be entered to win an additional GMD treat.
- Friday, December 25 – Christmas Day – By Christmas we’re hopeful you’ll be stuffing yourself with pow turns instead of stuffing the turkey. Once again, we have you covered with an awesome buffet for you and your friends and family. All you have to make is reservations. Call the Front Desk (801-742-2300) $50 for adults and $20 for children (no additional charge for Lodge guests). Why we love it? No chopping. No prepping. No cleaning. No stress. All delicious. Of course, Santa will make his annual visit to the Lodge with a small gift for the children staying at the lodge under the tree on Christmas morning.
- Friday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve – Alta’s Torchlight Parade is the best way to ring in the New Year. After the Torchlight Parade, head upstairs for one more buffet of the holiday season. Once again, reservations are required. $75 for adults and $25 for children (no additional charge for Lodge guests). Why we love it? Remember when New Year’s Eve was all about sparkles and midnight kisses? Well, it’s basically the same thing except you are finished by 10:00 p.m. and can be in bed in time to hit first chair. #shiftingpriorities.
While we may still be a few days before the kickoff of the Holiday season, we suggest you start to plan today. Time moves faster and faster every day, and before you know it we’ll be singing carols around the Christmas tree. We’d hate for you to miss it.