Just like that it’s October! How did that happen? If you’ve been following Lodge news this summer, you’ve likely noticed that we’ve been pretty busy working to continue to improve the Lodge over the warmer months. As winter heads our way, we thought we’d share all of the new programs you can expect this winter in one place, just in case you missed anything.
As always, we are counting down the days until you’ll arrival. Winter will be here before we know it, and we can’t wait.
Ditching the Bottle
Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge has recently made the decision to “Ditch the Bottle” meaning we’ll no longer be selling bottled water in the Lodge. We will be installing a filtered ezH2O bottle filling station, and we will have reusable water bottles for sale at the Slopeside Café.
This was not an easy decision, but one we feel aligns closely with our values at the Lodge. We encourage Lodge guests to include a refillable water bottle in your packing list. Learn more about why we’ve decided to “Ditch the Bottle”.
We’re Cooking Up Something Fresh
Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge is incredibly excited to welcome Chef Tyler Hayes to the Lodge this season. Tyler plans to enhance the Goldminer’s dining experience with modern, fresh flavors that all appetites will enjoy as well as a new take on the old classics.
Kids Stay Free Early Season
Opening – December 14 – Reservations must be booked by Thanksgiving Day. Lodging specials can be booked by calling Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge at 800-453-4573.
Girls’ Getaway Weekend
December 16-19, 2016, February 6-9, 2017, April 3 – 6, 2017
Sneak away to Alta with Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge. Includes four nights lodging, three days skiing with a three-day Off Trail workshop from the Alta Ski School, and three days of demo rentals from Motherlode Ski Haus. You’ll receive breakfast and dinner each night of your stay and two days of lunch vouchers valid at the Slope Side Café. We are also throwing in a 45-minute yoga workshop each morning and a boot fitting welcome party.
Summer around the Lodge also means we stay pretty busy with maintenance projects. Some of the projects may go unnoticed while others are a little more noticeable, yet all are important to providing you the experience you expect each year at Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge. We’d like to thank the crew working diligently all summer to on these maintenance projects:
- New lights in showers of the north and northeast wing guest bathrooms.
- Painted the hallways that connect the northeast wing
- Improved the ventilation over our guest ski wax table
- Increased the volume of hot water to our northeast wing to address hot water issues, doubling the size of the hot water pipe
- Replaced the carpet on our north and northeast stairs as well as connecting hallways and the guest recreation room
- Replaced the old water fountain with a new refrigerated water fountain with a built in bottle fill
- Built an entertainment center in the guest recreation room and replaced the old TV with a 56″ flat screen
We look forward to welcoming you to the Lodge this winter season!