After being forced to close early this spring, the Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge is looking forward to reopening this upcoming 2020-21 winter season. As always our goal will continue to revolve around the comfort and safety of our guest. And in order to meet the demands of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we are implementing some new safety and health standards for the protection of both our guests and staff members.
These are some of the changes you’ll be seeing across the different departments:
- limiting house count to a manageable number
- installing Plexi-glass barriers where needed
- restricting lobby access to inhouse guests only
- offering pre-booked late check-ins when available
- contactless payment options
- performing deeper and more thorough cleans in between room occupancy
- no stay-over services. fresh towels and sheets and amenities will be provided upon request
- using state-approved cleaning products
- disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as remotes, lamps, switches, counters, desks, etc.
- removing extra pillows, blankets, and bedspreads and supplying them on demand
- daily cleaning of common areas, including elevators, stairwells, and public restrooms
- eliminating our breakfast buffet and providing made-to-order options
- spacing out our tables six feet from each other
- offering room service with limited menu for guests who don’t feel comfortable eating in dining room
As for some other changes we’ll be instituting this 2021 Season, here are a list of newly-developed protocols:
- Masks will be required in all public spaces, except while seated and eating or drinking in a restaurant.
- The Saloon will be closed to the outside public. Lodge guests will be able to use it throughout the day and may order café food (including Trainer’s pizza!) from the saloon bartenders. Capacity will be limited and reservations are required. Après will be served in the Saloon instead of the Top of the Lodge Dining Room and tables will be set along the windows during dining hours for guest use.
- All public access to the lodge will be limited to the slope level cafeteria area. Occupancy will be restricted to no more than 70 people and tables will be reserved for paying customers.
- Access to public restrooms will be restricted to season-locker holders and cafeteria guests and an employee will be stationed at the entrance to monitor capacity.
- A locking door will be installed leading into the cafeteria and lodge guests will be given a code to enter and exit the main building.
- Our game room will be limited to 2 groups of 4 or fewer, or one group of 5+ and will be available at 50-minute time slots. Guests will have the opportunity to reserve on a daily basis. We ask that the group using the space do their part and sanitize the areas used.
- The fitness room will be limited to 1 group or family at a time, or no more than 2 individuals at a time. Guests can reserve any time during their stay. Equipment will be spaced at least 6 feet apart where possible.
- The season locker room will have 2 fans installed to increase air movement and circulation.
Although we’ll be providing extra masks and hand sanitizers, we encourage our guests to bring their own PPE. We also request that our guests wear masks when in public areas and to maintain their physical distance from other people, especially when using the elevators, recreation room, and our shuttle service.
Please continue checking for any updates or call us if you have any questions.