If you are reading this, you are probably planning a ski vacation, and Alta is one of the destinations you are considering. We’d like to start by saying thank you! You are on the right track.
Alta is mesmerizing; it is a spectacular destination, but it is not for everyone. Wait, did you read that right? Yes, you did. As Alta Ski Area claims, Alta is 100% pure and simple skiing. We at Goldminer’s Daughter Lodge think it is a little more than just skiing, but totally agree that skiing is the main attraction.
As you narrow down your potential choices for your upcoming ski trip, we’d like to tell you a little about what Alta is like for us. We may dispel a few myths, and we may confirm a few. Our hope is that these words help you to decide if Alta is for you.
- Alta is for skiers. Alta is known around the world as a bucket list destination for skiers. Alta is celebrated for it’s incredible snow, scenery and unmatched terrain. While you may know all of that, what you may not know it that Alta is also great for families and beginner skiers. The Alf Engen Ski School offers lessons for all ages and ability levels. Many of our longtime guests have honed their ski skills from beginner to advanced levels.
- Alta is for families. Yes, we mentioned that above, but off the slopes a vacation in Alta allows families to truly connect. The lodges in Alta include breakfast and dinner in the room rates. You don’t have to worry about deciding what or where you’ll eat or about doing the dishes or the cooking. Once you arrive, we take care of it all.
- You don’t need a car. Really, you don’t. We recommend booking a shuttle with Alta Shuttle. Trust us, you don’t want to deal with navigating the canyon in a rental car. You can learn more about why we love Alta Shuttle here.
- There is more to do than only ski. First, I want you to close your eyes and picture the perfect mountain destination. Here’s my vision: majestic peaks, a serene environment, a rustic lodge, and my family. Ok, there are a few more musts: an amazing spa and plenty of delicious eats. Alta offers all of the above plus game rooms, a variety of lodges, and a vibrant community with a full calendar of events
- Alta is an incredible community. If you’ve yet to visit Alta this may be a hard question to fathom, but if you have visited you have already considered it – how cool would it be to LIVE in Alta? Trust us. It’s amazing. Yes, the snow, and the scenery and all of that, but also the people. The Alta community is more than a community. It is a family, and this family is incredibly welcoming.
Alta is an incredible destination for skiing and connecting with yourself, your family and your friends. You will likely leave with a few new friends. Alta is not the place if you are looking to party well into the night or spot celebrities on the slopes. Alta is for skiers, even those who have yet to learn to ski.
Is Alta for you?